Dental Bridges Treatment Naperville
Dental Bridges: As far as dental treatments are concerned, dental bridges are considered to be the most common, yet highly effective forms of teeth-correcting methods. Dental bridges are literally used for bridging the gap between one or more missing teeth. Missing teeth or gaps between teeth can turn out to be an embarrassing situation for many individuals out there. As such, those suffering from such conditions tend to forget smiling openly and lose self-confidence drastically. However, with proper dental bridge treatment, such individuals can restore their smile and lost confidence all over again.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is composed of two or more crowns of teeth on either side of the teeth gap and a false tooth or teeth in between for bridging the existing gap. The two or more anchoring teeth are referred to as “abutment teeth”. The false teeth are referred to as “pontics”. These could be made out of alloys, porcelain, gold, or even a combination of the available materials. Dental bridges are given support by the natural teeth or dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
When you go for the high-end dental bridge treatment, the dental bridges are able to:
- Restore your sparkling smile
- Restore your ability to chew & speak properly
- Maintain the overall shape & contours of your face
- Distribute the forces of your biting or chewing properly across the mouth by replacing the missing tooth or teeth
- Prevent the remaining teeth to drift out of position
Types of Dental Bridges Available
- Traditional Dental Bridges: Consist of creating the crown for the implant or the tooth on either side of the missing teeth with a pontic placed in between.
- Cantilever Bridges: Utilized when there are adjacent teeth on only a single side of the missing tooth or teeth.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: Also referred to as a Maryland bridge or a resin-bonded bridge, these dental bridges are made out of porcelain, plastic teeth, or porcelain fused to metals and the gums are supported by a porcelain or metal framework.